If you want Google Chrome to load pages more quickly, clearing your cache and cookies is a great place to start. How to delete them and what happens when you do so are explained here.
What happens when the cache and cookies are removed?
Occasionally, a website may save (or remember) certain information when you visit. Cache speeds up page load by storing images, videos, and other content from previous visits rather than having to render everything from scratch each time, and cookies store the user’s browsing data with their permission.
All this information is gone when your cache and cookies are cleared. This implies that any passwords you’ve previously entered on a website will need to be entered again and that websites you’ve visited before will take longer to load because the page’s content needs to be loaded again.
But occasionally, starting over can be advantageous, mainly when dealing with browser-related issues.
How to Delete Cookies and Cache in Chrome
On a Mac or a computer running Windows 10 and 11, you can delete Chrome’s cookies and cache by following these steps:
- To delete the cache and cookies, open the Settings menu in Chrome.
- First, click the icon with three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen, then select “More Tools,” then choose “Clear Browsing Data.”
- You might have noticed from the image up top that there is a shortcut key you can use. To go directly to the page where you can clear your cache and cookies, hold down the Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys simultaneously.
- As an alternative, enter chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar.
- Regardless of how you got here, you should be at the “Clear Browsing Data” window.
- Choosing the window of time for the cache and cookies to be deleted is the first step in this procedure. To access the menu and choose your preferred time range, click the arrow in the box next to “Time Range.” The default setting for this is “All Time.”
- You can choose these items by checking the boxes next to “Cookies And Other Site Data” and “Cached Images And Files,” respectively. Additionally, this page allows you to delete your browsing history.
- Click the “Clear Data” button after the boxes have been checked.
- Your cache and cookies will soon be cleared.
- Chrome, the fastest web browser, is already included in the program. It loads web pages, multiple tabs, and applications with just one click.